The University of Oregon officially entered the public phase of its comprehensive campaign October 17, 2014 with the announcement of a $2 billion effort, the largest ever undertaken by an organization in the state.
The campaign will fund unprecedented levels of access for deserving Oregon students, excellence in teaching and research, and a greatly enriched student experience.
Its chief goals are to ensure every academically qualified Oregon student has access to our world-class education, raise the resources necessary to attract outstanding, prominent faculty and students, and build the facilities and enrich the programs faculty and students need to meet the opportunities of tomorrow.
Specific initiatives include (but are not limited to):
- Increase need- and merit-based scholarships for a higher achieving, more diverse student body.
- Expand PathwayOregon, a financial aid and academic success program for Pell Grant eligible Oregonians.
- Dramatically increase graduate student support.
- Fund initiatives to increase student retention, satisfaction and graduation rates.
- Increase scholarships to attract and keep the best and brightest Oregonians
- Increase the number of Clark Honors College students by 50 percent
- Invest in academic areas with the greatest potential for preeminence through the Clusters of Excellence faculty hiring initiative
- Fund 80-100 new tenure-track faculty positions
- Build on our already robust research and teaching strengths
The UO Experience
Programs and Research
- Expand undergraduate research and experiential learning opportunities
- Create more opportunities for study abroad and international recruitment
- Fund upgrade of IT infrastructure and increased capacity to process “Big Data”
- Provide seed funding for innovation and ideas